We at Pidgin Perfect (collectively “Pidgin Perfect”, “we”, “us” and “our”) take your privacy very seriously. We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of the people who work with us and are engaged during our projects. We know that you, like us, care about how your personal information is used and shared. Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact with us, in any manner, via our website and/or our services.
What types of Data does Pidgin Perfect collect?
- Information your provide to us:
When you use our website we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, your email address, your telephone number and your company name via our online forms for enquiries, newsletter sign-up and events registration.
When you use our services we collect the personal information that you provide to us, for example your name, your email address, your company name, your job title as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide us in connection with the delivery of services.
- Information we collect automatically:
When you use our website we collect information via cookies and other similar technologies which may include saving cookies to users’ computers. We collect certain information related to your device such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
- How do we use this information?
We use the information we collect via our services for a range of reasons, including:
- to set up a contact and company record in our systems;
- to provide, operate and maintain the services;
- to process and complete transactions and send related information including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- to manage our customers’ use of the services i.e. respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorised access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- for any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
We use the information we collect via our website:
- for administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse customers use of our website for trend monitoring and marketing purposes;
- for the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for information on our products and services;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We may also use the information you send to us via our website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time (see the “What choices do I have” section below).
- Third Party Providers
- Newsletter : We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
- Events : We use a third party provider, Eventbrite, to manage our events. For more information, please see Eventbrite’s privacy notice.
- Social Media : We use a third party provider, Tweetdeck, to manage our social media interactions. For more information, please see Tweetdeck’s privacy notice.
- Web Analytics : We use a third party providers, Google Analytics, to analyse our web traffic. For more information, please see Google’s privacy notice.
How might we share or disclose your Personal Data?
Pidgin Perfect do not sell your Personal Information to anyone under any circumstances.
We do, where we have sought consent, share Personal Information with our clients. In these instances we will share Personal Information from project specific contact lists with our client contact. Personal information will only be shared with clients and teams specific to the project you were involved with. We do not share or disclose your Personal Information to any other parties, except as below for law enforcement purposes.
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the Police or security services.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for you, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). If you have any concerns you have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests.
How will be store your Personal Information?
Pidgin Perfect use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What choices do you have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of our services. You can opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing communications from us at any time by using the Manage Preferences page or unsubscribe link in the email communication we send. If you have engaged in any of our services we may send you non-promotional service related communications.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for our newsletter or other services, or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will securely delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you access your Personal Information?
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Becca Thomas at email@example.com or on 0141 226 4092.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, which will take place at least annually. This privacy notice was last updated on 25th May 2018.
What if you have questions about this Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our main address for the purposes of this website is Pidgin Perfect, 3 Ross Street, The Barras, Glasgow, G1 5AR. Pidgin Perfect is a Company registered in Scotland (Company number: SC 393 946). Our VAT number is 199 1771 55.
What if you have a complaint?
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.